This Privacy Notice explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we’ll store and handle that data, and keep it safe.
We hope the following sections will answer any questions you have but if not, please do get in touch with us.
It’s likely that we’ll need to update this Privacy Notice from time to time. We’ll notify you of any significant changes, but you’re welcome to come back and check it whenever you wish.
When you are using the Crosta & Mollica website, Crosta & Mollica Limited is the data controller.
2. Explaining the legal bases we rely on
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent.
For example, when you opt in/ sign up to receive Marketing emails from us.
When collecting your personal data, we’ll always make clear to you which data is necessary in connection with a particular service.
In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations.
For example, if you win one of our competitions, we may collect your address details to deliver your prize, and pass them to our courier.
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data.
For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting Crosta & Mollica to law enforcement.
In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
For example, we may use your data to send you or make available personalised offers.
3. When do we collect your personal data?
- When you sign up to receive Marketing Communications from us, for example by email, or by post.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- When you enter prize draws, competitions and promotions.
- When you attend a Crosta & Mollica event.
- When you choose to complete any surveys we send you.
- When you’ve given a third party permission to share with us the information they hold about you.
- When our partners share information with us connected to a promotion or competition we have run with them.
4. What sort of personal data do we collect?
- If you sign up to receive our Marketing emails: your full name and email address.
- Details of your interactions with us over the phone or online.For example, we might collect details of any complaints or comments you make, web pages you visit and how and when you contact us.
- Details of your visits to our website, and which site you came from to ours.
- Personal details which help us to recommend items of interest.For example, you might share information on your preferred Crosta & Mollica products, which we might then use to recommend other products in our range which you might like to try.We’ll only ask for and use your personal data collected for recommending items of interest. Of course, it’s always your choice whether you share such details with us.
- Your comments and product reviews.
- Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback.
5. How and why do we use your personal data?
We want to give you the best possible customer experience. One way to achieve that is to get the richest picture we can of who you are by combining the data we have about you. We then use this to offer you promotions and products that are most likely to interest you.
The data privacy law allows this as part of our legitimate interest in understanding our customers and providing the highest levels of service.
Of course, if you wish to change how we use your data, you’ll find details in the ‘What are my rights?’ section below.
Here’s how we’ll use your personal data and why:
- With your consent, we will use your personal data and preferences to keep you informed by email about relevant products and services, including tailored special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on.Of course, you are free to opt out of receiving emails from us at any time.
- To respond to your queries, requests and complaints. Handling the information you sent enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
- To send you communications required by law or which are necessary to inform you about our changes to the services we provide you. For example, updates to this Privacy Notice. These service messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message. If we do not use your personal data for these purposes, we would be unable to comply with our legal obligations.
- To administer any of our prize draws or competitions which you enter, based on your consent given at the time of entering.
- To send you survey and feedback requests to help improve our products and services. These messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email. We have a legitimate interest to do so as this helps make our products or services more relevant to you.Of course, you are free to opt out of receiving these requests from us at any time by updating your preferences, which you can do by clicking on the link at the bottom of any Crosta & Mollica email.
- To fulfil prizes you have won as part of a competition or promotion you have participated in.
Sometimes, we’ll need to share your details with a third party who is providing a service (such as delivery couriers or a travel company). We do so to meet the competition or promotion terms and conditions. Without sharing your personal data, we’d be unable to fulfil your prize.
- To send you product samples or gift vouchers, for example if you have made a complaint. We may also use your data to send you product samples for PR purposes, for example if you are a journalist or blogger.
6. How we protect your personal data
We know how much data security matters to all our customers. With this in mind we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
Access to your personal data is password-protected.
7. How long will we keep your personal data?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
For example, if you sign up to receive Marketing communications from us, we will retain your data until such point as you opt out of receiving those communications. In the case of email communications, you can unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time, at which point your data will be deleted from our database with immediate effect.
8. Who do we share your personal data with?
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties.
For example, with delivery couriers and to help us personalise our offers to you and so on.
Here’s the policy we apply to those third party organisations to keep your data safe and protect your privacy:
- We provide only the information they need to perform their specific services.
- They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our contract with them.
- We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
- If we stop using their services, any of your data held by them will either be deleted or rendered anonymous.
Examples of the kind of third parties we work with are:
- IT companies who support our website and other business systems.
- Operational companies such as delivery couriers.
- Direct marketing companies who help us manage our electronic communications with you.
- Data insight companies to ensure your details are up to date and accurate.
Sharing your data with third parties for their own purposes:
We will only do this in very specific circumstances, for example:
- With your consent, given at the time you supply your personal data, we may pass that data to a third party for their direct marketing purposes.
9. What are your rights over your personal data?
An overview of your different rights:
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific channels, or all channels).
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
You can contact us to request to exercise these rights at any time as follows:
To ask for your information please contact The Data Protection Officer, Crosta & Mollica, 189 Stonhouse Street, London SW4 6BB. To ask for your information to be amended please click on the “update your preferences” link in any Crosta & Mollica email or contact our Marketing team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we choose not to action your request we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal.
Your right to withdraw consent
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
Where we rely on our legitimate interest
In cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation.
We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity through all channels, or selected channels. We must always comply with your request.
Checking your identity
To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice.
If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act.
13. How can you stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing?
There are several ways you can stop direct marketing communications from us:
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email communication that we send you.
- Click the “update your preferences” link in any email communication that we send you.
- Email the Crosta & Mollica Marketing team at email@example.com
Please note that you may continue to receive communications for a short period after changing your preferences while our systems are fully updated.
14. Contacting the Regulator
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
You can contact them by calling 0303 123 1113.
Or go online to www.ico.org.uk/concerns (opens in a new window; please note we can’t be responsible for the content of external websites)
This notice was last updated on 18/05/18.