Recipe by Food Stylist, Photographer & Recipe Developer, Made by Mr. Millas
Chicken breast is often the meat and cut of choice for so many midweek meals. It’s ready prepped, easy to get hold of, low in fat and so versatile; a blank canvas that can be enhanced so easily with so many different flavours. This recipe is very simple and easy to scale up or down. The marinade can be whipped up really quickly and cooked pretty much straight away. However, I’d strongly recommend marinating for at least 30 minutes or ideally overnight for maximum flavour and tenderness. If overnight isn’t possible, prep the chicken first then all your other accompaniments as it marinates. The recipe below roasts the chicken, but this would work brilliantly on a barbecue on sunnier days too.
The lime picked onions again will work by the time the chicken is prepped and cooked but for a great flavour and vibrant pink colour, prep these the night before too. The recipe for them is generous, so why not make a batch to keep in the fridge for next time?
- 8 Crosta & Mollica Durum Wheat Piadina
- 4 Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 2 tsp Hot Smoked Paprika
- 2 tsp Ground Coriander
- Juice and Zest of 2 Limes
- A good pinch of Salt
- A good grind of Black Pepper
- 1 Red Onion
- Juice of 2 Limes
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds
- A pinch of Salt
- 200g Natural Yoghurt
- Shredded Lettuce and Chopped Cherry Tomatoes to serve
- 1 Freezer Bag (to marinate the Chicken in)
- 1 Small bowl or Jar (to pickle the Onions in)
- 1 Roasting Dish
- 1 Medium Frying Pan (to cook the flatbreads)/ A barbecue
1. Beginning the night before or at least 30 minutes – 1 hours prior to cooking, put your chicken into a freezer bag and with a rolling pin or something heavy, flatten the thicker end of the chicken to achieve one even thickness. Pour over the Olive Oil. Then grate over the Lime Zest and Garlic and add the Lime Juice. Sprinkle over the Oregano, Hot Smoked Paprika and Ground Coriander. Add a good pinch of Salt and a good grind of Pepper. Mix and rub everything together so the chicken is well covered on both sides. Seal your bag and either leave to one side for 30 mins or pop into the fridge to marinate overnight.
2. Now prep your Lime Pickled Onions. Finely chop the Red Onion into thin half-moons. Put them into a jar or bowl then squeeze over the Lime Juice and add a pinch of Salt. Lightly crush the Coriander Seeds and add them in. Give everything a mix in the bowl or pop the lid on the jar and shake them up. Cover the onions and put them into the fridge to let the lime work its magic!
3. Once the chicken has marinated, pre-heat your oven to 180ֹC.
4. Pour out the Chicken and its marinade into an oven proof dish and roast in the oven for approx. 20mins depending on the size of the Chicken Breasts. Check by cutting into one of them and cook for a little longer if needed. It should be white all the way through and its juices running clear. When it’s ready, take it out and let it rest for a few minutes while you cook your flatbreads.
5. Just before the Chicken is ready, put a frying pan onto a high heat and cook your Piadina Flatbreads for a minute on each side so they brown. You can put them on a plate covered in a clean tea towel or wrap them loosely in foil to keep them warm.
6. Pour your Yoghurt into a small bowl and swirl over some Sriracha (as much as you like based on how hot you like your food!)
7. Slice the Chicken into thick pieces and serve “build-your-own” style with the Piadina Flatbreads, Sriracha Yoghurt, the Lime Pickled Onions, some shredded Lettuce and juicy Cherry Tomatoes cut into quarters. Simple and perfect for sharing!